Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tribute to a great pug

Hi everyone! Pug Mama here. I've been kind of sad today. Yesterday was the first anniversary of the passing of our first pug, Sidney. Denny got him for me as a wedding gift. Sid was the best pug ever! It's been a year, but I still miss him a great deal :-(

This is Sid when he was still a puppy...
Sid in his stylish rain slicker ;-)

He was always so handsome.
He was going on 7 years old when we got Jasmine. Yes, that little baby is Jasmine! He was an only pug for almost 7 years, so he wasn't too thrilled when this little ball of energy entered his life. But he soon fell in love with her just like the rest of us did.
Good old Sid and his daddy...
Tromping through the dandelions...
Fending off puppy attacks...
No wonder he was a little freaked out by her...she moved quicker than the speed of light!
Sid and his Yoda pose...
He really loved his daddy...
He was truly one of a kind...there will never be another Sid...
Trying to trick us...which one is real and which one is the statue...
Pippin adored Sid. He really took care of him during the tough last year of his life. Sid had a bad back and had times of not being able to walk. He would manage to get himself up for a while, then he would go back to being immobile. The last few months of his life his muscles really atrophied and we had to carry him everywhere. I think I was washing his pillows every day. But he was still happy and still full of piss and vinegar.
He still kept an eye on everything that was going on and yapped at us for everything. He had us trained pretty well :-)
I still miss him so much...
I love you Sid and I look forward to one day seeing you again at the Rainbow Bridge. You were the best dog ever!
Love,
Mommy

16 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh what a wonderful tribute to sid ~
he was the luckiest pug in the whole world to have all of you.

your love for each other just brought tears to my eyes. he is always with you.

thank you for sharing him!

all my love,
melissa

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Aw, what a sweet tribute to your beloved Sid. I can see that he had a really happy life. Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories with us. Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way.
xo

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

What a wonderful tribute to Sid. A pet is a member of the family and it is always tough when you lose one. I loved all of the pictures, thank you for sharing.

Denny from Indy said...

My boy Sidney was the greatest friend ever. Vikki and I started our life together with him and he will always be an integral part of who we are as a couple. I love him very much and miss him terribly.
It's amazing how easily the tears flow, even now, a year later. Rest well buddy.

Hank said...

Beautiful photos, Vikki.

Thank you for being what every pet owner should be.

From our hearts -

Scott, Sarah, Becca, Hank and Molly

Rosie said...

That brought tears to my eyes - Sid opened the door for many happy pugs in your home - what a great puggie!
Rosie

Kelly said...

Oh Vikki, what a great tribute to your sweet boy. I am in tears. You gave him the dream-life of any puggie... he spent his years with you a VERY happy boy.

I think Pearl will be me and my husband's 'Sid'. We got her when we were engaged, and she has really grown up with us these past few years as we figure out how to be adults. I hope I get as many happy years with my girl as you did with Sid!

Mia said...

That was a great tribute, Vikki!! Sid was a beautiful pug. You honor his memory with every new pug you have let into your home.

Nevis said...

What a wonderful post...so emotional though. I'm cring while I type this. I know the pain of missing a treasured and loved pet. (((hugs))) Get through the day but surrounding yoursef with pug love and chocolate. :)

Salinger The Pug said...

Awww...Sid sounds like he was a perfect Pug! He was so handsome and it sounds like he had a fabulous life with you!

Thanks for sharing this tribute with us!

Love,
Salinger and his peeps

Unknown said...

Thank you for this tribute. What a wonderful pug parent you are. Bless.

Becky said...

That was a very nice tribute to your wonderful pug, Sid. You and Sid shared many things and the most was love. Sending many pugs hugs your way on this day.

A Tail of 3 Doggies said...

We are so sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful life you gave him.

Punchbugpug said...

What a big loss for you! Sid looked the ever charmer. He will always hold the "first" place in your heart! sniff sniff

Sandy said...

That was wonderful to read about your Sid. I know how you feel about that first one! Forever in our hearts. Looks like you have a fun group there at your house.

LilleLuBella said...

Oh Vicki this was a wonderful post - I'm just reading up on some I've missed, and you brought some tears to my eyes - I miss my Bella so very much - so hard to go thru. Thank you for sharing such an awesome Tribute !! He was a lucky guy -
S~