Hey friends! Pug Mama here today. Our friend Liss at Purs n' Snorts did this thirteen today, and we have so many nicknames for the pugs that I thought I'd give it a shot!
1. Princess: Jasmine, of course, is the princess
2. Doodles: Pippin has become Pipper-Doodles which we have shortened to Doodles or Dood
3. E-Ticket: It wasn't easy coming up with a nickname for Eli, but he makes me happy, so he's like an E-ticket at Disney :-) (That was really a stretch on that explanation!)
4. Moose: Ernie is the Moose. He is such a big pug and pretty solid muscle.
5. Squirrel: Since Ernie is Moose, his sister Bernice is Squirrel...get it? Moose and Squirrel :-D
6. Psycho Girl: Bernice is also a total psycho. Well, she would be if she had any brains in that cute little head of hers! She gets on Jasmine's nerves by getting in her face and staring her down. Jasmine growls at her, then she growls, and chaos follows. Last night Bernice actually stalked Pippin. Really dumb move going after the Dood!
7. Little Alien: Also Bernice. She has this high pitched bark that sounds like she's trying to communicate with her mother ship. Hard to explain, but it's not just a "bark, bark, bark"...it actually sounds like she's having a conversation in her alien language!8. Lummox: This would be Eddie. He is such a long, lanky pug with huge paws. He is the polar opposite of graceful!
9. The Pugfather: If you've read our blog recently, you'll know that this is Pippin. He thinks he is the Don of the Posse ;-) Don't upset him or you'll be swimming with the fishes!
10. The Tongue: This used to be Jasmine because of all her excessive kissing, but Gus has taken this name over just by the sheer length of his tongue! And he loves giving kisses with that slobbery thing!
11. Fluffy: Pippin again. He's not fat, he's fluffy! Also known as Fluffmeister, the Fluffinator, FlufferNutter, Fluffer Doodles, etc...
12. Gus-Gus: Obviously this is Gus. Not sure if you can really say it's a nickname, but he answers better to Gus-Gus than to just Gus :-)
13. The King: I can't mention nicknames without mentioning our sweet Sidney who passed away last July. He was our only pug for 7 years and he was, without a doubt, the king of the house!
I'm sure there are many more nicknames we have for the pugs and I'm sure we will come up with many more! Does anyone else have any good nicknames?
Pug hugs and kisses!
Vikki and the Pug Posse